A listing presentation is essentially a job interview for representing the seller in a real estate transaction. Much like a job interview, your goal is to demonstrate that you are a better fit for the job than any other candidate. To get the job, the pre-appointment preparation is crucial. Think about it. Someone looking for a job would be well-advised to research the company with whom they are interviewing and bring a copy of their resume and cover letter. Likewise, a successful agent should come prepared and equipped to help make their case.
With that in mind, here are a few tips on how to win your listings with strategies that help you stand out of the competition!
- Anticipate the appointment
Like a job interview, it’s important that you don’t wait until your appointment. Make a stand-out first impression by sending the seller an electronic folder in advance with:
- Facts about you: your story, your achievements, etc
- A list of frequently asked questions
- Bullet points of your presentation
Not only will this help differentiate you from other agents, but it will showcase your dedication, preparedness, and work-ethic.
- Make a clear and concise presentation
The goal is for sellers to remember you. Developing a clear and impactful presentation will only be beneficial. Make sure your presentations are straight to the point, insightful, and cutting-edge. They also have to be consistent with the preview and bullet points you previously sent that already set high expectations. To differentiate yourself from your competitors, find ways to make it unique. We strongly advise you to include OpenFrame Panoramic Video Tours or 360 pictures of past listings (if you have not have the chance to do theirs yet). Not only will this impress sellers but it will make your presentation interactive and far from boring.
- Show your expertise in real estate across marketing channels
Show that you are active on different social media platforms and that you engage with prospective buyers and sellers. You can impress them with your tech-savviness by sharing 360 OpenFrame content that generated traffic. Sellers will be impressed about how quick you engage with your buyers and how efficiently you sell properties. Invite them to follow you on your social media to learn your techniques in action and know more about you.
- Don’t forget the post-presentation follow up
Post-presentation follow up is just as important as the presentation itself. Sellers may meet up with many agents and discuss at the end of the day their final pick. Therefore, to increase your chances of being chosen, you can send them a follow up email with a list of what makes you different and everything that you have discussed to show that you listened carefully and can fulfill their needs.
For even more great advice, here are InMan's top tips for winning listing presentations:
1. If you haven’t sent anything prior to your appointment, you’ve lost a lot of ground.
2. Success lies in your flawless execution, not so much in the strategy itself.
3. Show them how you are leveraging the Internet world and using it to sell their home quickly.
4. Remember you must position yourself as the go-to agent; you are their source of information.
5. If are good at selling your abilities, clients will be convinced you can do the same for their home.